Tuesday 2 June 2009

Age and Change...

Hello bloggers,

I have been thinking that as we age our thinking change so much,its an accepted norm, which maybe any ordinary person may not even think about, like I am doing right now. However, my point is fifteen years back I would never believe that I would say these things, because I believed I would be still the same reckless, dare devil I used to be with a famous claim that I used to make to my friends 'there's no word called 'regret' in my vocabulary'! OH how WRONG could I have been, now I have to say there are more than a few 'regrets' in my bag of mistakes. My beliefs and morals have completely changed compared to then. To think I was just reminded by a friend recently what a fan I was of Kurt Cobain and soon after his sudden death, I used to quote his words on his suicide note "peace, love, empathy" and I am like thinking what??? Was I fascinated by someone's suicide note!!!Honestly! Likewise, when I was studying away from home and experiencing the new found freedom I had, I used to go out and party with my friends, not minding to climb over gates and sleep in cars when we got locked out. The worse images are of creeping through dark alleys with friends and sitting to smoke cigarettes with them as if it was the greatest thing! oh and how about accepting lifts home from unknown people we met at the discos! They were usually friends of friends and so not strangers to us 'officially' as our thinking was then, so it was completely fine by us!But now I would rather walk alone than take a ride from an unknown!

So I could go on and on, but each time I go back down memory lane and go through the days when I was a young single girl I remember most how much guts I had and even though I didnt have enough life experience I was still very brave to have done the kind of things that I did. Oh how we sail through youth with no reserves and no care and only with the aim to have fun. That was always the priority. I guess thats why people say to make the most of your youth.

However now, after a marriage, two kids and many life experiences later,so much needs to be weighed before making a decision. In other words, for good or not, we think twice before doing anything. But I still like to think I am a person who moves along with the trend, and abide by the beliefs of the times we live in....but boy,each generation takes a step higher than the other, so how do we keep track of that?? I wonder how much of my thinking would change in another decade???

the young me on the left with best friends...
the adult me in the middle with the same friends....

2 comments:

  1. yes, i'd rather walk alone too...no more rides...no thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes! and see how years have made people wiser!!

    ReplyDelete